Monday, March 6, 2017

Dylusions Background card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Make Your Own Background". We are also showcasing Dylusions products this week. If you have any we would like to see them used in your project.


This time one time a project without Infusions, but Dylusions. It sounds almost the same but it really isn't. I started to apply washi tape to build up the background. On top I applied a layer of Opal Magic Rose Gold paint. For more texture, I applied  Texture Paste with a stencil. When it was dry, I started working with Dylusions Paint and baby wipes. The Metallique Emerald Green paint really changed the color tremendously.

 
The next step was Dylusions Spray, Vibrant Turquoise and Squeezed Orange. But the colors weren't a great mix, they turned into a muddy color. But I continued by coloring the Scribbly Bird (thanks, Cathie!) With different colors of Distress Reinkers and a water brush.


 

I was almost about to start over again. So I gave it a try with an extra spray of Vibrant Turquoise, and well, that gave me a very nice effect! The Squeezed Orange underneath gave me a kind of dark purple indigo hue. Pfeww project saved, LOL!

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:
50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

17 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

such a sweet card-the background came out super, and I love those Scribbly Birds!

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a gorgeous creation, Sandra. Love the beautiful texture and colors you created on the background. The bird image is so cute! :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandra :-) I love the background and the little bird is so cute! Loved watching the video too, it was great to see the work in progress and how you use wash tape is an inspiration! LOVE it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Catherine said...

I love the colors on this one, Sandra! The gorgeous yellow and orange colors of the birdie are fabulous against your blue and green background. Love it!

Cathie ♥

Billie A said...

Love watching you create.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is so absolutely pretty! I love how the dark blues pair with the yellow birdie! And this project single-handedly made me add some of those clear droplets to my cart!

Melfina said...

What a lovely card!!! The coloring is absolutely amazing and the texture too! I also love this birdie and before watching your video I was wondering if this size is good for cards or if I should buy the set with the smaller one.

Words and Pictures said...

I really love this! The pop of the golden glowing bird against that stunning shadowy background is wonderful.
Alison x

Maura said...

Adorable card, Sandra! Love the wonderful contrast of colors between the deeper blues and greens of the background to the yellow and orange of the bird! hugs, Maura

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous background, Sandra! I also love how you popped up a bright and happy bird in front! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anna-Karin said...

I love that textured background Sandra and I am so glad you could save it! I see no trace of any mud. :) Love the bird too. Hugs!

Kath Stewart said...

stunning card Sandra...you are rocking those textured background and that bird is so tweet...hugs kath xxx

Emma Williams said...

Gorgeous card and I just LOVE that background, it looks fabulous and is the perfect backdrop for the cut little birdie! Hugs :)

Barbara said...

Love the layers you've created to achieve the final color of your card! Amazing! Every week after your video I must add some products in my wish list! this week is Opal magic Rose Gold! Fantastic shade of pink! Barbara

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I really like the depth you achieved in your background. Blessings!

Macarena said...

Absolutely love the way you mixed all the strong colors and the effect of turquoise and orange is amazing. I need to try them together! Love the birdy! Hugs, Marzena

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!