Monday, July 3, 2017

Red, white and blue masculine card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Red, white and/or blue".



Tomorrow is the 4th of July, one of America's biggest holidays. Everyone who celebrates it, I wish you an amazing day! For this card I've used all 3 colors. I started with Distress Oxide Fired Brick and Distress Ink Barn Door. I've applied multiple layers and using both Oxide and the Regular Distress so I get more contrast. Then I did the same with Distress Oxide Faded Jeans and the Regular Distress Ink Faded Jeans.
 

With the Read to Me stamp and Stars stencil I've created more depth in the background. Along with Dylusions Spray Black Marble I added some splatters. The Dapper stamp set I've used as my focal point. Such a fabulous stamp, don't you think? I finished it with the Magnolia Jane stamp set to create a sentiment.

 

For the embellishments, of course, I've used the Droplets, I can hardly do without those anymore. And I've used a new tool, the Tag Press. With Distress Oxide Faded Jeans and the star of the Magnolia Jane stamp set, I've made a tag press ring as fun piece. Unfortunately, I didn't film the part I've made the little Dimensional Star. Is a fiddly work to fold and glued it together, but it looks fantastic all done, and adds lots of dimension and interest to the card.


VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

17 comments:

Anna-Karin said...

This is such a fun card Sandra! I love the background with the three colours and what a clever way of using that hat stamp. It works so great together with the sentiment. Hugs!

Tee said...

What a stunning mixed media red white and blue card! I love the dapper man stamp! The droplets are new to me but I see the interest they add. Beautiful work.

Macarena said...

Great job! I love to watch you building the background with oxides. It's so hard to stop :-) and your colors turned out so fantastic! Your new tool is very interesting I wull be watching you using it and maube consider to order it too!. Hugs, Macarena

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a fantastic card, Sandra. The colors and texture you made on this card are awesome! Always love your great videos! :)

Catherine said...

I LOVE the design of your card, Sandra! I've got to put that stamp on my wish list. Amazing!

Cathie ♥

Maura said...

Awesome card, Sandra! I love how you created the RWB background! Brilliant idea putting the word where the face would go! hugs, Maura

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billie A said...

Beautiful. Love your design.

Stephanie said...

Stunning backgrounds and such a cool design, I love it!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Emma Williams said...

Love...love...LOVE this card, Sandra and that background is amazing and works so well with one of my favourite stamped images! It just all comes together beautifully... Hugs :)

Kath Stewart said...

amazing tag Sandra...love how you created your red white and blue background and stamped the word in the space...very clever...hugs kath xxx

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Such an awesome backrgound Sandra!!! I love it!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a fantastic perspective on the challenge theme! I really like the way you incorporated the colors and how this would work beautifully for a male! Great work!

Beulah Bee said...

I think that tag press will be very useful and can't wait to see more ideas from you.

Barbara said...

What a wonderful card Sandra! design is fantastic and I love your colorful moment! So happy for your videos too! I love them, you know, thanks for sharing your creative process every week!

sanpiseth40 said...

love how you created your red white and blue background and stamped the word in the space...


ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

Roman reigns said...

Great write-up, I am normal visitor of one¡¦s site, maintain up the excellent operate, and It is going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time. Hello theгe, You havе performeɗ an incredible job. Torn jeans for men